The 25TH annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival took place this past 4th of July weekend. We attended one of the three days and had a great time visiting with some of the artists and creating our own art on Artivity Avenue. There were three music stages and several food booths along Culinary Avenue to enjoy our time between viewing a wide selection of exhibits. Over 200 artists from all over the U.S. showed their work at the festival this year including Garrett Brown who created the symbol of the festival, a 17 foot cherry sculpture. Best of all admission is always free cherrycreekartsfestival.org.
Here are pictures from just a few of artists whose work caught my eye and a short video of the Handsome Little Devils who gave pop-up performances during the festival. They are known for their peculiar and ride-able kinetic sculptures.
- David Burton (Mixed Media) – Assembly of pop culture. davidburtonartwork.com
- Amy Flynn (Mixed Media)- Found object robots – FOBOTS. www.ifobot.com
- Benjamin Frey (Mixed Media Drawing) www.benjaminfrey.com
- Aaron Hequembourg (Mixed Media) – Engraved Paintings on wood panels. A percentage of each piece is paid to the subjects in his art many of whom are his neighbors. www.bigwhitedog.net
- Kaiser Suidan (Ceramics) – Geometric shapes displayed on a grid. www.nextstepstudio.com
- Dolan Geiman (Mixed Media) – Collages are made from vintage magazines that give his art a vintage look. www.dolangeiman.com
- Steve Henneford (Wood) – Handmade mid century modern furniture. Hennefordfinefurniture.com
- Jennifer McCurdy (Ceramics) – Wheel thrown porcelain. Some of the interior surfaces are gilded with 23ct & 12ct gold leaf. www.jennifermccurdy.com
- Randy O’Brien (Ceramics) – wheel thrown and hand built earthenware with 3 dimensional lichen/crawl glazes. www.randyobrien.net