Extend the Season with a Cozy Deck
Temperatures are dropping and winter is coming. I want to get the most out of my deck before the snow arrives. An outdoor space can become whatever you make of it. I use the deck primarily for lounging so I wanted to make it more comfortable and stylish for the cooler fall weather. It’s also nice to have morning coffee outside.
- Seating– Comfortable seating is a must. I softened the built in seating with all-weather striped seat cushions. The two chairs are from an old patio set. It’s easy to change the cushions when you want a different look or new color scheme without spending a lot of money.
- Keep Warm – Bring some blanket throws outside. They add a little color and keep you warm. A good fire pit can kick out some heat and creates great ambiance.
- Lighting – String lights and lanterns also set the mood and add extra glow during these days of less sunlight. They are functional and decorative. You can also change the bulb in the porch light so it’s not as harsh.
- Textiles – Bring the indoors outside with an area rug and decorative pillows.
- Refreshments – A good drink is an easy way to warm up. Create a mini bar for cocktails, coffee or hot cocoa.