Ten Must-Have Items for Every Wardrobe
Hi there, it’s Ren, welcome to the New Year! Are you missing essential must-have items in your current wardrobe? I decided to come up with a list of must-have items that would make getting dressed an easy task each day. Too often women go to put together an outfit and they’re not happy with one or more ingredients in their wardrobe or they’re simply missing pieces all together.
I don’t want you to have to struggle with getting dressed. We struggle enough with getting up in the morning for work or getting the kids ready for school.
If you have these ten essential items represented in your wardrobe, you’ll be prepared for most any occasion for getting dressed—from casual to dressy.
Go through this checklist and see if you’ve got your bases covered. If you don’t, I’m here and ready to help you!
- A six-to-eight-hour shoe that will keep you comfortable while looking fashionable. It’s possible, really! I prefer wearing ballet flats and bringing a pair of pumps in my work bag. A shoe or boot wedge heel is always a great choice if you want a bit of a height.
- A multiple bra collection that fits properly and includes at least one nude and one black bra. This is so commonly neglected and makes such a difference! Make sure that when you shop for the perfect bra that you have a sales representative assist you. Getting the correct measurements are critical in finding the best fit.
- Jeans that keep their shape and won’t stretch out during the day. There are some brands like True Religion that are steady and stay true while others grow a size within an hour. Wouldn’t it be nice to feel like your jean flatters you?
- Comfortable underwear with minimal lines will avoid discomfort and distraction. It’s an item that women tend to not put much though into and truly is an easy fix.
- A silk layering tee that you can layer under a knit top without it sticking. Wearing smooth is always better than bunchy and silk will help with that.
- A lightweight cotton or linen long sleeve shirt to wear in warm weather to keep you cool and covered.
- A simple party dress that can be dressed up for fancier events or dressed down for a casual chic look.
- A jewelry combo (earrings, necklace, bracelet, ring) for everyday wear so you always feel put together. This should be a group of accessory pieces that work well together uplifts every casual outfit.
- A casual pant that’s comfortable but will never be mistaken for exercise clothes. Haven’t we seen enough yoga pants for the next ten years? I know I have. It’s so easy to be just as comfortable in “real” pants.
- A jacket or coat such as a duster, trench, or a pea coat that goes over most outfits. Let go of the too sporty jackets and treat yourself to a jacket that has style and purpose.
Ren for Ren Styles at Posh5280
*Photos courtesy of Pinterest