We are just days away from the big game! Super Bowl 51 is this Sunday and for many people it is a day of family, friends, and laughter. It is normally a fun day even if it isn’t your team fighting for the Lombardi trophy. One of the things that makes it so fun: Super Bowl parties!
I don’t usually go all out with the decorating, but I do like to go all out with the menu. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do and I’ll find any excuse to search for new recipes and make a lot of food.
If you’re struggling to find the perfect party snacks for the big game I am here to help! Here are a few recipes that I have tried, loved, and think are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
Beef Enchilada Dip – This recipe is easy, quick, and super tasty. It’s the kind of recipe that you can prepare right before kickoff! Your friends and family will be so happy you made this for them!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil two 10-ounce ramekins or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, chiles, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the filling evenly into the ramekins and top with remaining cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly around the edges, about 5 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks – You really can’t go wrong with mozzarella sticks! Adults and kids will love these! It isn’t the quickest thing to make, but you won’t be disappointed with the end result!
- 12 sticks part-skim, reduced sodium mozzarella string cheese (Sargento)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- olive oil cooking spray (I used my misto)
- Cut cheese in half to give you 24 pieces. Place cheese in the freezer until cheese is frozen.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg. Place the flour on another small dish. In separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
- Dip the frozen sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
- Repeat this process with the remaining cheese placing them on a tray with wax paper. Place cheese back into the freezer at least 1 hour until ready to bake (this is a MUST or they will melt before the crumbs get golden).
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet. Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with a little more oil and bake in the bottom third of your oven until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 4 – 5 minutes watching them closely so they don’t melt. Makes 24 pieces.
Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings – You can’t really have a Super Bowl celebration without wings! This recipe I s delicious and easy, but time consuming. If you have the patience to be able to take the time to make these I highly suggest it! They are so good! You could even use a different sauce if you would like. Be creative with it!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks or strips (about ¾ lb. of chicken)
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour, panko breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double coated. (Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.)
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
- Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy.
- As the chicken cooks, combine the Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter and water in a microwave safe dish. (Or in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.) Cover and microwave on high until the mixture begins to bubble, then remove, stir and keep covered to stay hot.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a minute. Toss chicken and hot sauce mixture in a bowl until all pieces are coated. Serve immediately.
If you’d rather fry these: Fry in 4-6 cups of vegetable oil heated to 375 degrees F. Once chicken is breaded, chill for 15 minutes then fry for 5-6 minutes then remove them and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Then toss with the buffalo sauce.
To make ahead- Once chicken is cooked through but before the 1-2 min. broil, take chicken out of oven. Let cool completely then freeze. When ready to bake, remove from freezer and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Toss with sauce and serve.
As far as dessert goes, every year for the Super Bowl I make cupcakes. They’re easy, and can be made ahead of time. I normally decorate them with some sort of Super Bowl theme. Everyone has their go to dessert though, so it the perfect opportunity to make it! Also, purchase or make your favorite drinks! It isn’t a party without a great selection of beverages!
I hope everyone has fun this Sunday! It is definitely a day that I look forward to solely because of the food and company around me. Enjoy your day, and make some delicious food!
**PHOTO CREDIT: PINTEREST**