Are you ready for spring’s hottest looks? With New York Fashion Week is already in full swing this week showcasing the hottest designers and styles for Fall/Winter 2017 http://nyfw.com/videos-runway, it’s time to start thinking and saving for your spring wardrobe.
Even though we are in the middle of winter, I’m already looking forward to spring. Luckily for us in the Mile High City and as funny as it may seem, this time of year you can wear spring-ready clothes one day and be back in full winter gear the next. There are many trends to choose from for the upcoming season. New York Fashion week is always a “go to” for the hottest. Whether you just want to add a few items to your closet or if you’re budget allows you to go all in and try everything it’s best to find what works for you. Be mindful of your body type, personal style and most importantly, your wallet. Here are some of the trends for spring 2017 and ideas on how to wear them.
- Clean lines and cargo pockets work well with a mix of menswear and military influences this season. You will find army-inspired crisp khaki separates and fatigues that are tailored. Colors tend be quite neutral so to look less understated, add a pop of color.
- Play up your femininity. Pastels in floral prints, large or dainty, and chiffon ruffles are delicate, and always lightens the mood. Accessories should be minimal, but can be a fun way to change up your look, make it a bit more creative or edgy.
- Metallics still rage on and bold color palettes are hot this season. Be careful not to look too overstated with these demanding trends. Try pairing metallic pants or skirts with a black blazer or leather jacket.
- Graphic prints and primary hues that pop are quite popular especially in performance wear. Who doesn’t love to be fashionable and comfortable all at the same time? Crop tops continue to be with us again this season, but the hues that pop put these tops front and center. Maxi skirts, warm up jackets,and pants will keep you looking cool in this hot trend.
- Watch out for this must have accessory. The Top Handle Bag in various shades, and styles are playful and polished.
- Chokers have been updated for another spot in this year’s trend. You will find sleek, more sophisticated detailing.
- Mules are one of my favorite spring sandals. This season you’ll spot linen, suede and wood to name a few. They are comfortable and fashionable to wear to the beach or any casual outing with friends.
- The Midi Pump is a must. A more comfortable stiletto to keep your sex appeal. They are ultra stylish and very chic.
*You Tube video uploaded and produced by A Fashion and photo provided by Pinterest.